I always get excited for this time of year! If you didn’t already know, this past week, thousands of the world’s gadget manufactures gathered to show off their ware for the coming year at the largest consumer electronics show in Las Vegas, International CES.
Below is a list of five advances in home products brought to you by CES. This information was taken from John Thompson, our Chief Operating Officer at Intero Real Estate.
1. Alba, by Stack – The world’s first responsive light bulb will automatically turn on when you come in the room, wake you up in the morning, adjust as the room gets brighter, and saves you energy. Read More
2. Edyn – A smart garden system that monitors and tracks environmental conditions. The garden sensor monitors your soil and environment and gives you tips on what to plant when and what fertilizer to use. The water valve connects to your hose to track your soil moisture helping you water your garden more efficiently. Read More
3. Kitchen Screen – Keeps track of what groceries you need and then shop for more items. When you’re running out of something, just wave the near-empty packet or carton in front of the screen and it will read the barcode and add the item to your grocery basket. Read More
4. LilyPad, by Vigilant – The first smart Wi-Fi pool thermometer and UV sensor connected to your phone or tablet. Worried the water’s too cold at the pool? Or that the kids are getting to much sun exposure? LilyPad will keep track of both of these for you while you’re having fun in the sun this summer. Read More
5. Works with Nest – Nest, you know that great little device that brought us the Nest Thermostat and Nest Protect, announced their integration with a variety of other devices including Whirlpool, Dropcam, and Philips hue. This integration, which we’re really excited about, helps your home be more thoughtful and conscious. Read More
I can’t wait for all these technologies to become available to me! What products are you most excited about?