Alright Moms, Dads and legal guardians… Saturday is Halloween and you know what that means… A crazy overload of candy and hyper kiddos. I don’t like to call it “bribing” but there are ways I have found to work to get my kids to give me some or most of their candy. No one wants their kids to eat too much candy! I compiled a list of ways to get your kids to hand over their candy… Check out my list below!
- Set a daily limit. Have your kids count their candy after trick-or-treating and agree on a number of candies they are allowed to eat on Halloween night and the days to follow.
- If your kids are young enough, hide the candy and they may forget all about the bag of sweets after the big night.
- Trade the candy in. Allow your kids to trade their candy for a toy, a book or even money.
- Donate the extra candy to troops and to charities.
- Collect the candies that would be good for gingerbread house making for this upcoming holiday season.
- Bribe your kids with homemade goodies. Perhaps your kids want to trade their candy in for their favorite “healthy” homemade baked goods.
- Distract your kids with TV!
However you choose to handle Halloween with your child, it is important to make sure to sort their candy and throw out all treats that aren’t packaged. Have a Spooktacular Halloween!